Bill Cobanoglu, Jim’s Cleaning Franchisor for Melbourne North East, Geelong and South Australia
Jim’s Cleaning is a large Australian cleaning franchise that forms part of the The Jim’s Group. With 65,000 new clients booked each year, demand for the organisation’s services is constantly growing and there is always a need for new franchisees.
Bill Cobanoglu is the Jim’s Cleaning Franchisor for Melbourne North East, Geelong and South Australia. His philosophy is to help his franchisees achieve their business goals by giving them the best possible start to their new business. He provides bookkeeping support and additional sales training, as well as a steady stream of leads, so they hit the ground running.
Bill had many leads in South Australia, but not enough local franchisees to give them to. He needed to attract new franchisees in order to fulfil demand. He’d received and responded to many enquiries from potential franchisees over recent months, but they hadn’t necessarily been ready to make a decision at the time. He asked Squirrel to help him follow up.
The team at Squirrel put together and executed a lead-nurturing email campaign to re-establish contact and invite potential franchisees to an information event. Bill has since welcomed five new franchisees aboard.
Squirrel immediately set about reinvigorating the interest that had already been expressed in joining the franchise by utilising one of Bill’s biggest assets: his existing franchisees and their success stories.
The campaign involved:
- Conducting phone interviews with existing franchisees in order to understand their backgrounds, dreams and challenges
- Identifying the most common reasons for becoming a franchisee and developing six ‘personas’ and short background stories based on these
- Developing an email representing each of these personas, providing a brief story and inviting potential franchisees to an information event where they could meet Bill and existing franchisees. The emails were personalized, friendly and signed by Bill, and also provided a one-step means of responding – by registering for the event or requesting a call-back. Bill received an automated SMS alerting him of a call-back request, which he could then act on quickly
- Sending out time-based, automated emails over a period of a few weeks
- Promoting the event on local websites and community noticeboards
The benefits delivered
The event was attended by 15 people. Bill and some of his existing franchisees told their stories, and guests were able to ask questions and network informally. Soon after the information day, five people signed up as new Jim’s Cleaning franchisees.